Humboldt County Courthouse

60. Humboldt County Courthouse 

50 W. 5th Street 

 

The original county seat of Humboldt County was Unionville. However, with the arrival of the railroad Winnemucca saw an increase of commerce and population. Ultimately, Winnemucca became the county seat in 1873, and plans to construct a courthouse were quickly enacted.   


The first courthouse was completed in 1874, but eventually met its demise by fire in 1918.   


A new courthouse, designed by Frederick DeLongchamps, was completed in 1921, and was constructed on top of the 1874 foundation. This 1921 structure is still utilized as Humboldt County Courthouse today. 


Read More