135 & 139 Baud Street
Winnemucca's Red Light District began along East Second Street. Eventually it became too spread out for the likes of citizens and in 1914 the county commission voted to restrict prostitution to a specific area known as the Riverside Addition. Requirements were to have the property enclosed on three sides by a fence at least eight feet high.
Until 1973, madams were allowed to live in a two-story home on the corner of Baud and Second Street known as the "Davis House". This house, along with many other structures that housed brothels are long gone. A couple of brothels were still in operation in the Red Light District as late as 2016. However, when the owner passed, they were closed.Read More