47 W. First Street
This house was built by Ed Reinhart in 1913, the same year the prominent Jewish family opened Winnemucca State Bank & Trust on the opposite side of this block. With the great depression in the 1920s and 1930s, the Rinehart's suffered financially and had to sell their properties. As a result, by 1930s, this house belonged to Edna Eddy, a nurse and mortician. Edna and her son, Hallie, operated Eddy's Funeral Home here for many years. While Edna and her son were both licensed chauffeurs, Edna was also a pilot.
After all these years, this house is still a funeral home; however, today it is known as Sonoma Funeral Home.Read More