Located at Humboldt Museum- 175 Museum Way
This 1899 Eastlake Style home was originally built by the Cumley Family on a lot located on Railroad Street near the depot. Mr. Cumley was employed by the Central Pacific Railroad.
In 1902, Albert and Annie Richardson purchased the home from the Cumleys. Mr. & Mrs. Richardson had family ties to Cornwall, England where hard-rock mining was a common trade. Mr. Richardson, along with many others from Cornwall came to Nevada to work the hard rock mines.
The Richardson Family raised generations in this home which was a beacon for Cornish travelers, friends and family. Hobos were even drawn to the home by a "safe spot" marker on the fence.
In 2005, the home was donated to Humboldt Museum by Nora Saunders-Chipman, the granddaughter of Albert & Annie Richardson. The home was and relocated to Humboldt Museum in 2005; restorations were complete in 2012.Read More