Wendall Building

40. Wendall Building (1/2 Cheers Tap House)

320 Bridge Street


The 1891 Fire destroyed a furniture and cabinet shop on this lot, but it was replaced with an adobe structure that housed an undertaker and carpenter. By 1904, this adobe building was used for printing and had a two-horsepower gasoline engine. Then, by 1912, the building was a butcher shop. The butcher shop changed names a few times, but ultimately was destroyed in the 1916 Fire that started next door.   

 

When the building was rebuilt of brick circa 1917, Dr. Wendall, a dentist, occupied the upstairs, while the first floor was used for The Chamber of Commerce, among other things. 

 

By the 1950’s, Fermin Montero owned the building and operated Pat’s Bar here. 


Today, this building makes up one half of Cheer’s Tap House.

Read More