437 S. Bridge Street
By 1885, Winnemucca Hose Company’s Firehouse was located on this site. This original wooden firehouse burned to the ground in 1891, along with many other structures in town. It was replaced with a sandstone building in 1892, and finally with the current two-story structure in 1938/39. Two additional wings were added later to house the newer, more modern fire equipment and to provide more room for a larger number of trucks. Winnemucca Volunteer Fire Department has continued to grow and has relocated to a new facility on East Winnemucca Blvd. Today, the City of Winnemucca utilizes this building for public works.