138 S. Bridge Street
The Reinhart Brothers began construction on this building in 1912. The bank opened for business in 1913, and prospered until the great depression. The collapse of the bank ended the Reinhart Empire and the return on investors' dollar was a mere 10 cents. The National Guard Engineering Corp. occupied the building for a while, followed by a theater, and then the Elks lodge. Boxing matches were even held in the basement for a time.
In the late 1990s, The Phillips Family removed a façade that was nearly 60 years old to expose one of the most ornate building fronts in Winnemucca. Today, the former bank is one of several buildings that make up Phillips Furniture.Read More